Tuesday, December 10, 2013




OM NOM NOM. I like my dinners to be pretty filling. I like options. And I like feeling like I'm eating a LOT of food. This meal is simple, easy, and comes pretty close to target! 3 calories over is negligible in my book. Especially when we saved calories during lunch!

I spruced up the plain BLT concept by adding 1/2 tbsp of pesto to each slice of bread before toasting. It really adds a lot of flavor and it feels as though you're eating something super savory!

I had soup which always goes well with sandwiches. I made the entire can then split the pot into two servings at 163 calories each. I paired one in a mug for dinner and I'll save the rest for a lunch or snack.

This seemed like enough food to satisfy me. But really - WHY? If I can have more food - I'm doing it!! I threw in a green pepper at a whopping 30 calories and 2 tablespoons of some spicy hummus.

The whole thing came in at 503 calories! The other awesome thing about this meal is that it takes a long time to eat. Between spoonfuls of soup and dipping each green pepper slice into hummus, it physically should take us a few minutes to actually eat. I once read somewhere that it takes 20 minutes to feel full and we often confuse thirst with hunger. So remember to drink that glass of water before each meal and take some time to eat and enjoy your food! Believe it or not, it is a privilege denied to many.

No comments:

Post a Comment